A food dehydrator can provide healthy food which is free from harmful chemicals and preservatives, giving you food which you can store for long periods of time.
By removing the water from your food, you remove the medium which bacteria, molds, and yeast grow. This will reduce the volume of the food, and provide a long shelf life when properly stored.
The main components of a mechanical dehydrator include a temperature source, to produce a constant and non-varying source of heat and a fan which provides airflow which is horizontal which improves the performance of the food dehydrator.
There is a thermostat which is adjustable because not all foods need the same temperature to dry. The service the dehydrator offers and its quality are the best, hence it may be more expensive than other models, but it is worth it; this is one of the best-ranked dehydrators in the market.
As compared to other dehydrators which are large bulky, Aroma Housewares Professional 6 Tray Food Dehydrator is small; it is also attractive, and sleek.
The horizontal airflow facilitates uniform heat distribution throughout the unit. The heat is transferred to the contents of the trays when it receives an even amount of heat.
The horizontal airflow saves the user from having to change the trays every time, or from having to rotate the trays in order to increase the effectiveness of the heating and drying. The fans are located at the rear of this appliance.
The trays are evenly space to allow effective drying the food items. The thermostat is adjustable for regulating the temperatures of the food items.
The appliance holds a capacity of six trays which can be removed to allow space for larger or bulkier food items. If you cut the food items into small and equal sizes, it will help reduce the problems associated with large food items and will allow a faster dehydrating process.
Good airflow and heating system
The airflow is horizontal from the rear to the front and provides a uniform flow of air over the food being dehydrated. The dehydrator does not have problems with leakage or clogging; hence it is of high quality.
Practicability and usability
This is one of the best dehydrating appliances on the current market. It produces some of the best food products and retains the nutritional value for a long period of time because of the airflow and heating system.
The spacing of the trays allows for a very efficient and uniform flow of air. The transparent door, which allows checking for food without having to open it, reduces problems associated with the loss of heat.
This dehydrator is more expensive than other models because of its quality, which is different from other dehydrators.
- The horizontal airflow determines the performance and quality of the dehydrator
- The thermostat allows the user to adjust the temperature which enables the food products to be well dried on the trays inside the unit. The thermostat which is adjustable offers the production of quality service.
- Has a very convenient design and small shape; hence, the user has no need worry about the location and the space of the appliance since it is easily placed on the countertop or stored away in a cabinet
- Includes a drip tray to collect any residue from drying process
- Lacks a timer—Lack of the timer is the main limitation since the user has to watch the food contents on the trays or use an external timer, which will not shut the unit off at a specific time
- Expensive—The price of the food dehydrator is another disadvantage for some
Aroma Housewares Professional 6 Tray Food Dehydrator is one of the more advanced dehydrating appliances on the market today. Although it is pricier than the competitors, its design and build will provide an even heat and air flow for efficient and even drying. Although it lacks a timer, it remains a best seller.